Coordinating Conjunction Recognition Quiz #1
Identify the coordinating conjunctions in the following sentences. Online Dictionary!
1. The woman and the man walked across the street.
2. Which would you rather have for a pet, a horse or dog?
3. Ask not what your country can do for you;but, what you can do for your country.
4. She failed the course, yet she was resolved to try again.
5. The man nor the woman would agree.
6. The soldier replied to his officer, "I will not do this evil deed nor will I ever."
7. Jane wanted to go to school today, but the school is closed on Sundays.
8. An hour went by and she had still not showed, so I went home.
9. So what books do you like to read?
10. So many people showed up to my party.