Sentences - Quiz #9 Online Dictionary!
1. Both restrictive and nonrestrictive clauses or phrases coming __?__ in the sentence are followed by a comma.
2. Sentences are classified by the number and kinds of __?__ they contain.
3. Clauses may be simple, compound, complex, or __?__.
4. Being able to recognize clause classifications is important in three ways: to write with variety, to emphasize import idea, and __?__.
5. The simple sentence expresss a single thought in __?__ independent clause.
6. A simple sentence can either be a statement, question, exclamation, and a command or request sentence. True of False?
7. A clause is a word group containing a __?__.
8. There are two types of clauses. Name them?
9. The independent clause is a principal or __?__ clause.
10. Independent clause: its meaning is complete and clear without the aid of any other __?__.