Sentences - Quiz #8 Online Dictionary!
1. An infinitive phrase is formed by its infinitive verb and its object or compliment, and __?__.
2. A participal phrase can be used as the subject of a sentence. True or False?
3. Participla phrases can be used as __?__ that modify nouns or pronouns.
4. The present participle of a verb with an "ing" ending should not be confused with/as a gerund. True or False?
5. A nonrestrictive clause is enclosed with commas. True or False?
6. The definitions of restrictive and nonrestrictive are important to your understanding of when to use __?__.
7. Restrictive means holding or __?__ within the limits or bounds.
8. The nonrestrictive expression does not __?__ or keep within the limits or bounds of the word it modifies.
9. If the nonrestrictive element occurs __?__ the sentence, commas are placed before and after it.
10. If the nonrestrictive clause or phrase occurs at the __?__ of the sentence, a comma is placed before it.