Sentences - Quiz #7 Online Dictionary!
1. The prepositional phrase is composed of the proposition with its noun or pronoun object and any __?__.
2. A prepositional phrase cannot be used as the subject of a sentence. True or False?
3. A verbal noun is also called a __?__.
4. Identify the verbla noun phrase in the following setence. My wife and I are hanging the picture today.
5. Verbal noun phrases can be used as a sentence subject. True or False?
6. Both prepositional phrases and verbal noun phrases contain an __?__.
7. Identify the object in the following sentence. Finding our lost dog was our goal.
8. To find the object, ask __?__ after the verbal noun (gerund.)
9. Identify the adjrctive modifiers in the following sentence. Finding the lost dog was our goal.
10. The infinitive form of a verb is always preceded by "to." True or False?