Sentences - Quiz #5 Online Dictionary!
1. The --?-- of the sentence is the word, phrase, or clause that names the person, place, or thing being said about.
2. Subjects can either be simple or __?__.
3. Define what a simple subject is?
4. Define what a compound subject is?
5. The subject and the __?__ are the two most important elements in any sentence.
6. A verb within a sentence can be described as either simple or compound. True or False?
7. The verb and subject within a sentence get the meaning and the __?__ across.
8. A --?-- subject may be one word, one phrase, or one clause.
9. A --?-- subject consists of two or more words, phrases, or clauses.
10. A --?-- verb may be one word or one verb phrase.