Sentences - Quiz #10 Online Dictionary!
1. The dependent clause is a __?__ clause and cannot stand alone as a sentence.
2. Dependent clause: its meaning is clear only when it is attached to an __?__ clause.
3. After, before, if, that, until pertaining to dependent clauses are referred to as __?__.
4. The compound sentence contains __?__ closely related thoughts in __?__ independent clauses.
5. A compound sentence is formed by combining two simple sentences. True or False?
6. Two independent clauses can be joined by a comma, a conjunction, __?__.
7. The complex sentence has __?__ independent clause and one or more dependent clauses.
8. In a complex sentence the important idea is expressed in the __?__ clause.
9. The compound-complex sentence contains __?__ or more independent clauses and one or more dependent clauses.
10. Punctuation marks are used to seperate sentences or sentence parts when necessary to aid __?__.